This is the recipe you've been waiting for! Our first recipe well, it was okay but it had flaws. This Chorizo dip recipe is THE ONE. It is going to be a HIT at your Super Bowl party! Read on to find out how easy it is to make and where you can pick up a pack of our popular Chorizo sausage!
It can't get any easier than this.
Two ingredients, one dirty pan (if you don't count empty serving dish...because it WILL come back empty)
and I even cheat and use the microwave to melt the cheese. Forgive me cheese connoisseurs, this won't earn me any points with you but there is a time and place for white, creamy cheese that melts in the microwave and this is that time!
Let me introduce you to our two ingredients for the best Chorizo Dip you've ever tasted. The star of the show, of course, is our fresh Chorizo sausage. It's a ground pork sausage with the perfect amount of chili spice & garlic to boost so many recipes from "meh" to "WOW, what is that?!". The cheese that I found works best is a white cheese dip, & in this case I used the brand Gordo's and found it in the deli cheese section of my grocery store. The problem I had in the last recipe is that the cheese wasn't creamy when melted so you want to make sure you find a brand that will melt down and work in dips.
Here are the directions:
1. Heat a medium size frying pan to medium. Add a touch of oil to grease the pan. Add chorizo and cook up like you would ground beef, into little crumbles.
2. Start melting your cheese in container per directions. Make sure you stir as you go. About 30 seconds at a time. Ask forgiveness for drooling over melty, white cheese straight from the microwave. It's okay and no one else knows but me and you.
3. Get out that cast iron skillet that you keep telling yourself to use but can't figure out how to cook with. Oh, sorry, is that just me? Use a smaller one if you have it so the dish looks full. If you only have a large/medium cast iron skillet you might want to double the amount of cheese you use or just find another small serving dish that has the right depth for chip dipping.
4. Add the melted cheese to the cast iron skillet.
5. Drain the chorizo and start adding scoops to the middle of the pan.
6. Add a cilantro garnish if you wish and serve with tortilla chips! I'll note that if you are transporting this dish the meat will settle in and mix with the cheese by the time you get there. But it still tastes just as delicious!
Ta-Da! Doesn't that look amazing? And you will get to tell everyone how your chorizo sausage is locally raised and pasture grazed by your neighbors here at Cool Breeze Farm. Your dish not only tastes delicious but it tells a story--how often can you say that?! You can pick up a pound of Cool Breeze Chorizo at the Open Farm Day we are hosting *this* Saturday, Jan. 27 from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Can't make it out? Don't worry--we will be announcing new open market hours very soon and you can also email valerie@coolbreezefarms to talk about delivery.
10/13/2022 03:34:02 pm
Thanks for mentioning that you need to melt the cheese for this chorizo recipe. My kids love Mexican food, and my son really wants me to cook some for his birthday. It's in two weeks, so I'll have to try this chorizo and cheese recipe!
11/13/2022 11:16:17 am
Talk let room name capital school. Goal today soon agency big occur. Ever number with physical.
11/15/2022 07:59:11 am
Man law who box listen human including. Future him million firm herself. Parent enjoy according past draw capital.
Leave a Reply.
We hope you enjoy reading more of our day to day adventures on the farm.